Sunday, February 20, 2011

Days 51 & 52 - Getting in the Groove

Day 51
Saturday at the shop, no power at the house so I didn't get my smoothie fixed and felt disoriented in leaving the house.  No exercise today.
Food: this was a really bad day, but I'll suck it up and claim up to it.
B: Cheddar Bagel twist from DD
S: part of an orange, it didn't taste good so maybe only finished 1/3 of it, grapes
L: Protein Bar
D: McD's 3 chicken selects, fries and a mocha frappe.
S: FF fudgcicle
Even though I felt I did so bad foodwise, didn't plan, didn't pack my cooler just threw a protein bar, orange, oodles of noodles (which I didn't have) and some grapes in my bag and ran out the doo (by the time I was leaving work and picking up my son I was feeling ravenous and knew it would be at least an hour before I got home) I felt like I changed my mindset a bit.  It might have been the postings I was reading on Phit-n-Phat or just feeling crappy about my lack of success the last few weeks.  Not sure what it was but I woke up this morning feel much more energized and ready to get serious.

Day 52
B: Kashi Go Lean w/ Skim
Workout: 30 minute WATP video
S: Yogurt/Cherry smoothie
L: homemade chicken soup, shrimp
Workout: Strength Training (detailed below) 30 minutes, Tae Bo Basic 25 minutes (wasn't sure if I was going to be able to finish it, I was panting and sweaty but I just said I'll keep going till I really can't finish and then I had a burst of energy to finish it).
S: Protein Shake and 1 1/2 c. whole wheat pasta w/ tomatoe sauce
D: 4 oz turkey burger w/ spices no bun, green beans (was going to have salad but realized I tend to neglect my green beans so I changed it) and baked sweet potatoe fries
S: FF fudgcicle

I didn't track the calories.  This morning I looked at my old Weight Watchers books and decided I would try the Core Plan (I don't even know if they still do that) but basically it was clean eating foods that you don't have to track, and you get 35 points per week.  I used 4 points today with the protein shake and yogurt and I believe 1 for the fudgcicle.

Since I like alot of the clean eating foods (though almonds are not on the core plan list of foods bummer) I think I could generally follow this plan.  As long as I make sure I have the food available when I am hungry so that I do not stop at McD again, which is not a big problem for me, but still I have weak moments.

Strength training
squats  4x12
DB biceb curls 3x12 w/ 10lb
DB punches 3x12 w/5lb
Bent over Rows 3 x12 w/10lb
Kickbacks 2x12 w/5lb
Bicycle crunches 3x12  x 2
Mountain Climbers 2x24
Clean & Press 2x12 w/8lb
Chest Press on floor 2x12 w/8lb
DB pullover 2x12 w/8lb
Pelvic lifts 3x12  x2
5 Plyo Squat Jumps (those are fun but I started to feel a little light headed lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment