Thursday, February 24, 2011

Days 55 & 56 - 24 hour fasting

Day 55
So today I tried a 24 hour fast.  I ate breakfast (well tried to drink a green smoothie and it didn't work too well) so I ended up having oatmeal and almonds around 10am.  Then nothing for the rest of the day except for water until breakfast the next day.  It really wasn't too bad, I didn't feel a real strong physical hunger and when I did I drank some water or found something else to occupy my mind.  Mostly what I experienced was the emotional hunger related to boredom or anxiety.
Didn't exericse as it was recommended not to workout when fasting, besides had an evening home alone with my sweetie so we watched a movie.
This was something I wanted to try as I feel I've been stuck and kind of frustrated.  I don't recommend this for everyone and am not suggesting it to anyone to try - this was something I wanted to try and think I may do again (possibly one day a week).  You eat every day at some point; either B then nothing till next morning or B and L then nothing till next afternoon at L - think I'll try it that way next time so I'm eating in the afternoon and feel up to working out.
Corinne and Joni if you're reading this, don't shoot me please. :)

Day 56
Weight: 226.2 down a pound from the other day (lowest I've gotten on this journey so far - finally down 10 pounds!).  Funny that I dreamed last night I was 226 (it was a strange dream).  Anyways I told myself this morning to dream I'm 225 next lol.  That's the number I've been wanting to see for the past few weeks.
B: scrambled eggs w/ ff cheese and spinach, 1 slice wheat toast and homefries, 1 c. skim milk
S: Yogurt/cherry smoothie
L: Protein Bar, Almonds (had brought a salad but it seemed a little chaotic at the shop today and I didn't eat it - I'll have it tomorrow)
S: Apple, snack pack m&m's
D: Quesadilla with very little cheese and chicken, ff sour cream
S: ff fudgcicle

Didn't work out again tonight :(.  Tomorrow is the Y for boxing and/or walking the track briskly. 
Okay so this doesn't look like me lol, but my gloves do look like these :)

No comments:

Post a Comment