Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Days of rest - Biggest Loser

I've lost track of the days but today is March 8th :)
So I consciously took off Saturday, Sunday and Monday (Monday wasn't really planned but it happened that way) from working out after working out 6 days straight, but got back to it tonight and went back to an old standby - the treadmill.

After reading back over my old journal I noticed that I was doing alot on the treadmill even after I started at the gym I always warmed up with the treadmill for awhile first and I was having good success with losing weight.

I only did 2 miles but I did include some inclines and did some jogging and running too.  I felt like I could do more and not sure why I didn't.  I definately need to get in to see my doctor and get the go ahead from him to push myself without worrying about a heart attack. 

Not sure why but I've always wanted to be a runner.  However, I've never felt comfortable running because of my weight.  Thinking people would see me and say "don't bother" or "look at her, she looks ridiculous" also I worried about my knees running with too much weight (I've been told by coaches not to start running until I had lost such and such pounds to save wear and tear on my knees). I wonder what Jillian Michaels would say?? Of course I don't have a staff of doctors and trainers around to watch over me, so hence my hesitation.  However, the few times that I have actually ran outside or on the treadmill (never at the gym, they had cameras and there was usually someone else there nor at home unless I was alone because I prefer no one to be around when I do) I've loved it.  I love the way it feels and I love it when I feel strong.  

I'm so anxious for spring and clear roads.  I probably still won't run in public much lol, at least not at first.  But I'm determined that by this summer, I will be running a couple of days a week and hopefully I will be able to go further than from one electricity pole to another before having to walk for a break.  By July I want to be running one mile, maybe I can do it sooner!.

I just love The Biggest Loser, they inspire me so much!  They all work hard and even though I feel partial to the black team I'm excited to see them all doing so good.

Food today:
B: protein shake
S: fruit snacks
L: PB on crackers (on a field trip and my bread at home went bad so no sandwiches), apple, pretzels
S: small sandwich from store and harvest chips
D: 1 c. pasta, chicken breast with sauce and a bit of provolone cheese
S: fudgcicle, pretzels

Alot of carbs today :(

Activity today:
44 minutes on the treadmill
approx 25 min. leg lifts and crunches

Looking forward to tomorrow and working out!

No comments:

Post a Comment